Facebook has made giant strides into the gaming industry. As of 2018, video games generated sales of US$134.9 billion and Facebook wants a slice of this big pie. Facebook Gameroom for PC gaming is a Windows-native client available as a free download for players worldwide.
The facebook gaming ecosystem is new and facebook does not want to introduce any hardware like Sony’s PS and Microsoft’s XBOX, for now they are sticking to a web based client gaming system that anybody with PC can download, Install and enjoy instant gaming. Facebook Gameroom, players can experience both web games and also native games built exclusively for the platform.
Benefits of Facebook’s Gaming Platform
- Gameroom focuses on gameplay for players, ensuring an exclusive and immersive gaming experience.
- Developing Gameroom native games takes less time: it’s easier compared to HTML5 and gives better solutions around threading, debugging, networking and memory management.
- Gameroom provides better performance in terms of app launch timings and memory consumption in native games.
Facebook Gameroom Installation Procedure
To install Facebook Gameroom, log into a computer running Windows 7 and above with your Facebook Login using your facebook Email/Mobile Number and Password:
- Go to www.facebook.com/gameroom
- Click on Free Install as seen above
- Once the installation is complete, you can now enjoy a vast array of games. As you play all your Facebook games will automatically appear in Gameroom with your existing levels and rewards.
Note: Some PCs running Windows 7 will need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 first. It is safe to download but not all anti-virus have whitelisted Gameroom – so you could encounter some warnings, go ahead and select the “Continue” or “Run” option.